Prices are in USD
Prices include: 2 night hotel accommodation, airport transfers x 2, mountain transfers x2, park fees, camping fees, tents and sleeping mats, crew salaries, rescue fees, meals.
Not included: Gratuity for crew, specialty beverages, and snacks.
Other costs to consider while traveling in Tanzania:
- Gratuity for crew
- Tourist visa (obtainable at Kilimanjaro International Airport upon arrival)
- Souvenirs, shopping, beverages, and snacks
- Gifting / donating
- Unexpected expenses
What is expected regarding tipping? Is it mandatory?
- Tipping your crew for trekking or safari has become customary in Tanzania, but is completely optional. If you are happy with your Boma Africa experience and your crew has made your time in Africa memorable giving a tip is appropriate.
- On Kilimanjaro and trekking, a tip of 10- 15% of the total price paid for your expedition is standard, which is then split between all crew members. At the end of your climb, you can give your tip to your guide, expedition leader, or office staff. You can tell us how to split the total between crew members, or you can leave that up to the crew to decide as a group.
- On a lodge safari, you can tip your safari guide, 8-10% of the cost of safari.
- It is standard to tip more for camping safaris as your crew, guide and cook, have more work to do! Tipping 10% for the crew to share is the usual.
- If you are unhappy with your crew, don’t feel the need to tip generously, and please be in touch with Boma Africa’s administration.
Expedition Equal Payment Plan
- Boma Africa offers our clients the option to include their tip with their payment. Many clients prefer this because it avoids worrying about how much to tip, and when, and they don’t have to pack cash around while on their expedition.
- The equal payment plan is beneficial for your crew because they can count on getting the same payment for every expedition. This of course makes it easier for individuals to create budgets, save money, and plan for the future and their families.
- This also ensures that tips are divided equally and fairly among crew. You may have read in tour books that cash tips sometimes go astray when handed to one crew member to distribute.
- If you choose to add your gratuity to your booking payment, Boma Africa will add the following percentages to your total.
|Kilimanjaro + Trekking:||12.5% of total|
|Lodge Safari:||8% of total|
|Camping Safari:||10% of total|
Tanzania’s Non- Profit Tour Co.!